has anybody ported RTEMS to microblaze?

Etienne Fortin etienne.fortin at sensio.tv
Fri Jul 16 13:52:29 UTC 2004

Microblaze is a soft core processor that can be used on FPGA of the
Spartan II IIE and III familly. These FPGA has no PPC405 "physical"
core. On the Virtex-II Pro and up members of the familly, there's no
need for microblaze since you already get, except for the smallest of
the models, at least one PPC405.

But maybe you already knows all that and your question was more: "Is the
PPC405 on Virtex II Pro different from the one supported in RTEMS".
Well, I have absolutely no idea. My best guest is that it's compatible.

Etienne Fortin
Sensio