Building problem

Etienne Fortin etienne.fortin at sensio.tv
Wed Jul 21 13:38:14 UTC 2004

Hi,
I'm currently porting RTEMS to the MCF5282 CPU and the 5282 Lite Kit
eval board. I have a strange problem and I know it has something to do
with the various Makefiles that must be edited when creating a new BSP
and/or CPU port.

The problem is as follow:
In my code, I call something defined in libcpu/m68k/mcf5282. The
function is implemented in a .c file. The module reference, hal_uart, is
put in the wrapup/Makefile.am in the CPU_PIECES variable. Everything is
bootstraped, everything is deleted in the build dir and the making is
completely redone. Strangely, the building process DOES NOT compile
hal_uart.c. The Makefile is OK, it references the file, the wrapup
Makefile is also ok, it references the module hal_uart. Even the
includes files are put correctly in the build tree. But it fails to
compile hal_uart.c. I even tried to voluntarily put an error in the
source file and it doesn't shows up.

Where is that little perky Makfile.am or configure.ac that I forgot to
edit?

Etienne Fortin
Sensio