Bringing a linkcmds script into play

Martin R. Calsyn martin at commonspace.net
Wed Jul 21 22:45:18 UTC 2004

Apologies in advance if this is a fairly rudimentary question...

I have gotten the most recent snapshot downloaded and built under cygwin with the binary tool chain (yes, path of least resistance) and have verified that the hello.exe and related sample and test code runs on my target board, a Mini Robo-Minds m68k (68332) board.

The MRM has flash memory that one can load programs into by specifying a different start address.  The RTEMS snapshot provides a linkcmds_ROM and an MRM_IN_ROM flag in make/custom/mrm332.cfg, but I haven't been able to figure out how to bring these into play.

If, for instance, I would like hello.exe to be compiled for ROM, where do I insert the MRM_IN_ROM=yes flag?  I also find no references to mrm332.cfg in any files, so I'm not even sure it is consulted during builds of the sample code.

Again, thank you for bearing with me,
--Martin