Executive shutdown

Stevens Brian BPSTEVENS at qinetiq.com
Fri Jul 2 07:33:25 UTC 2004

RTEMS version 4.6
Target PC386

I have written a device driver to use the rtc to generate timer interrupts
independent of the clock used to drive rtems. I have set  the additional
timer to produce interupts at 122micro second intervals, these are then
counted and when the required time interval has elapsed a POSIX signal is
sent to a thread.

If I set the signal to be sent every  2 miliseconds the system eventually
crashes with an executive shutdown. However, if set to 20ms it works fine.

Does any one have any ideas what may be causeing the problem, and how can I
get a trace of what cause the executive shutdown.

Thank You

Brian Stevens

QinetiQ
Cody Technology Park,
Ively Road,
Farnborough,
Hampshire
GU14 0LX .
UK

Telephone (01252) 393959
Fax          (01252) 393749

The views in this email are mine and not my employers

Please note any information added after this line has been done
automatically by my employers email system automatically

For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on such information
is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Emails and other electronic communication with QinetiQ may be monitored.
Calls to QinetiQ may be recorded for quality control,
regulatory and monitoring purposes.