Is it possible to create files using RTEMS???

Angelo Fraietta afraiett at bigpond.net.au
Sun Jul 4 03:32:51 UTC 2004

Alex wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I am using rtems in an intel 686 computer, linux mandrake.
>
>I try my programs using a grub floppy in the same computer. Now I would like to record some information to see it then in the linux. So, I am thinking to sore tat information in a file on the floppy. Is this possible? Can I create a physical file in the startup floppy, if not any ideas to record data from the rtems program?

I know that you can do it to a hard disk if you use a FAT file system.
You would therefore need to mount your partition in linux as a FAT
filesystem to read it.
Additionally, the way I do it is I boot my computer into DOS on the hard
disk, and using autoexec.bat,  do some Dos utilities such as chkdsk, and
then and load RTEMS using eXtender. No GRub required

--
Angelo Fraietta

PO Box 859
Hamilton NSW 2303