problem of configuring and building gcc

Ralf Corsepius ralf_corsepius at rtems.org
Wed Jul 7 05:57:34 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-07 at 07:12, 李洪超 wrote:
> deal all:
>
> I executing folowing cmd in cygwin shell:
> "
>  cd gcc-2.95.2
>  ln -s ../newlib-1.8.2/newlib
> cd ..
> mkdir bgcc
> cd bgcc
> ../gcc-2.95.2/configure --target=sparc-rtems \
>    --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld --with-newlib --verbose \
>    --enable-threads --prefix=/opt/rtems
> make all
> "
>
> failed,I get error Info:
> "
> rm -f cpp
> ln cccp cpp
> ln: cannot create hard link `cpp' to `cccp': No such file or directory
> "
>
> I long for some fix for this.thanks a lot.
Again, newlib-1.8.2, gcc-2.95.2, binutils-2.9 are way outdated and
therefore now are unsupported, abandoned - in short they are dead.
Since they were current, hundreds (thousands?) of bugs (including build
errors on Cygwin) have been fixed, so no reasonable person probably will
be looking into them (Unless you pay them :-) )

Why are you trying to build these? Why don't the rtems.org/rtems.com
binaries applicable to you?

Ralf