UDP error

Angelo Fraietta afraiett at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jul 9 02:30:59 UTC 2004

Ian Caddy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The if_stats and mbuf_stats can be called at anytime and will print out
> the statistics to your default console, I assume you have one of these.
>
> Depending on how quickly you get this no buffers error, I would setup a
> test task (or use one that is already in a loop) that called these
> functions every x seconds (minutes, depending on time between errors).
> You could then see how your buffers were progressing.

Of course it won't fail now, but thanks.
I found that I had to place extern "C" around the #incude rtems_bsdnet.h
to make it compile. No big deal though.

> Once you get the no buffers error, it is too late to see as you know you
> have none left.

I detected that the sendto failed and stored the value and sent later.

Thanks

--
Angelo Fraietta

PO Box 859
Hamilton NSW 2303

Home Page

http://www.users.bigpond.com/angelo_f/

There are those who seek knowledge for the sake of knowledge - that is
CURIOSITY
     Bernard of Clairvaux (1090 - 1153)