has anybody ported RTEMS to microblaze?

Etienne Fortin etienne.fortin at sensio.tv
Fri Jul 16 12:04:29 UTC 2004

Hi,
We evaluated Microblaze VS various uC and we finally decided not to go
with it. The total cost of the system is much higher with Microblaze
since there's very cheap uC out there with a LOT of functionalities.
Also, we wanted "field update" functionalities and it was problematic
since que uC is on the very same FPGA that needs to be updated. There's
ways to do it, but we found them to not be that robust.

Anyway, Microblaze is a cool product since it allows you to create your
uC from scratch, but we decided not to go with it.

Etienne Fortin
Sensio

---