TCP/IP problems

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de
Thu Jul 22 17:44:26 UTC 2004

Hello Stan,

AFAIK tcp does packet gathering, so it tries to
collect several of your small written buffers to
make a more efficent "big" TCP packet (usually about
1.5KBytes). So in your case, I would expect that
about 150 write calls will result in one tcp packet
sent.

By the way, using a tool like "tcpdump" or
"ethereal" to analyze the network traffic might be
quite useful in this situation.

wkr,
	Thomas.

D-82178 Puchheim          Germany