Connecting to FTPD with a Web Browser

Fernando RUIZ CASAS correo at fernando-ruiz.com
Fri Jun 4 07:34:33 UTC 2004

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 17:32:40 -0500, "Joel Sherrill <joel at OARcorp.com>" wrote:

> Steve Strobel wrote:
> > Thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately, I still can't get IE to connect with the RTEMS
>  >Version of FTPD using a URL like
> ftp://anonymous:password@192.168.0.24/.  I am afraid that we will end up
> building a specialized exe to do it, as you suggested.  The other thing
> we are doing is trying to get the upload feature in the GoAhead web
> server working.  That doesn't seem to be trivial either.  It sure would
> be easier if our customers liked to use FTP from the command line :)
>
> Would it be possible just to fix the parsing in the ftpd code to
> understand user at IP?  RTEMS already has a simple notion of users
> and passwords.
>
> --joel

I think that it's important to fix the system to handle the password crypt.

Till Staumman has work with a DES algoritm in his shell V1.1 contribution.

After this a generic method will be availiable for all.

The FTPD server don't manage the user/password.

A little patch in order to answer OK for USER and PASS ftp cmd will be apreciated.

-----------------------  FTPD.C -------------------------
Supported commands are:
 *
 * RETR xxx     - Sends a file from the client.
 * STOR xxx     - Receives a file from the client.  xxx = filename.
 * LIST xxx     - Sends a file list to the client.
 * NLST xxx     - Sends a file list to the client.
 * USER         - Does nothing. <<<< *****************************
 * PASS         - Does nothing. <<<< *****************************
 * SYST         - Replies with the system type (`RTEMS').
 * DELE xxx     - Delete file xxx.
 * MKD xxx      - Create directory xxx.
 * RMD xxx      - Remove directory xxx.
 * PWD          - Print working directory.
 * CWD xxx      - Change working directory.
 * CDUP         - Change to upper directory.
 * SITE CHMOD xxx yyy - Change permissions on file yyy to xxx.
 * PORT a,b,c,d,x,y   - Setup for a data port to IP address a.b.c.d
 *                      and port (x*256 + y).
 * MDTM xxx     - Send file modification date/time to the client.
 *                xxx = filename.
 * PASV         - Use passive mode data connection.
 *
<...> (from parser)
  }
  else if (!strcmp("USER", cmd) || !strcmp("PASS", cmd))
  {
    send_reply(info, 230, "User logged in.");
  }

when USER ==> reply PASS required?
Perhaps here?

I don't have free time to do it.