TR : TCL port to RTEMS

Etienne Fortin etienne.fortin at sensio.tv
Fri Jun 18 18:38:13 UTC 2004

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Etienne Fortin [mailto:etienne.fortin at sensio.tv]
Envoyé : 18 juin, 2004 14:23
À : 'vac4050 at cae597.rsc.raytheon.com'
Cc : 'rtems-users at oarcorp.com'
Objet : TCL port to RTEMS

Hi Mr Outwater,
I'm looking at porting TCL 8.4.6 to the RTEMS opertating system. It'll
be used, at first, on a Motorola MCF5282 uC with 512KB Flash and 64KB
RAM. I'm not really concerned with the static memory footprint since
512KB, given the small fottprint of RTEMS, should be enough (I
guess...). I'm more concerned with dynamic memory (heap) as 64KB may be
too small.

My question: Based on your work on porting TCL 8.3.1 to RTEMS, what
would be a conservative figure of dynamic memory consumption for the TCL
runtime? I understand that it depends on the script, but let's take a
common script, that does some file and stdin/stdout handling, some maths
and string handling too. Any idea?

Thanks for your time,

Etienne Fortin
Sensio