gettimeofday(): Help please

sashti srinivasan svasn_rtems at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 5 11:54:11 UTC 2004

Hello,

     With best support from the list, I could have my
pc386 booting with grub-rtems.  In my applications, I
have posted my problems to the list.  I infer that,
the error "raw handler connexion failed" is only
because of the usage of functions Initialize_timer(),
Read_timer().  If I do without this by invoking
gettimeofday(), I could run the application, but
results are not of any use.  Because, it appears,
gettimeofday() always returns a constant value.  It
was like this in sparc-rtems(TSIM) also. Please help
me in getting atleast one of the problems solved.

With Regards
Srinivasan