gettimeofday(): Help please

Fri Mar 5 12:05:00 UTC 2004

sashti srinivasan wrote:

>Hello,
>
>     With best support from the list, I could have my
>pc386 booting with grub-rtems.  In my applications, I
>have posted my problems to the list.  I infer that,
>the error "raw handler connexion failed" is only
>because of the usage of functions Initialize_timer(),
>Read_timer().  If I do without this by invoking
>gettimeofday(), I could run the application, but
>results are not of any use.  Because, it appears,
>gettimeofday() always returns a constant value.  It
>was like this in sparc-rtems(TSIM) also. Please help
>me in getting atleast one of the problems solved.

I don't know why the pc386 BSP is doing that. But if the sparc is
returning a constant value, then you most likely did not configure the
clock driver.

Are you defining both these before including confdefs.h?

#define CONFIGURE_APPLICATION_NEEDS_CONSOLE_DRIVER
#define CONFIGURE_APPLICATION_NEEDS_CLOCK_DRIVER

Is your test case simple enough to post?

--joel