[Fwd: libcpu/powerpc Port to MPC5XX]

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Fri Mar 5 18:12:22 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 17:26, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Attached is Wilfried Busalski's work to support the
> MPC5xx.  .RAR is not something I normally deal with
> and I do nopt know how to decode it.
>
> I was hoping that others working on these
> CPU models coulld integrate this effort with theirs
> and prepare one submission.

I have merged Wilfried's work into my local rtems-4.7 source tree, but
have encountered problems with it:

1. Wilfried's code is incomplete.

* The corresponding cpuIdent* support code is missing (I'd expect this
to be trivial for somebody being familiar with the mpc5xx's)

* There is no BSP (The only possibility to compile this code is the bare
BSP).

2. It is not clear to me which mpc5xx cpus this code is supposed to
support nor which gcc target flags this code expects (powerpc-gcc has
plenty of -mcpu flags)

3. How is this code supposed to interact with the code in
libcpu/powerpc/mpc505 - Is it to replacement that code? Is it an
alternative?

All in all, I don't want to integrated this code into the source tree
before these points have been clarified.

Ralf