Very long time for context switch on SH2

James Yates j.yates at quartzuk.com
Mon Mar 22 10:25:56 UTC 2004

I am working on a custom BSP which has an SH2 7145f. I have performed a basic port for this SH7145
cpu based on the SH7045 already in the tree. The 2 chips are very similar. However, after some
analysis, the shortest time I seem to be able to measure for a context switch is 192us, which I
think is pretty slow. Am I wrong?
I have been muckng around with the system clock to see if by increasing the ticks per second, the
context switch time could be reduced but I can't get any better than 192us.

Does anyone have any ideas? Is there an Idle task that always runs? Could this be causing any
problems? Any help will be gratefully received.

		Many Thanks

			James Yates