Network Builds

James Yates j.yates at quartzuk.com
Thu Mar 25 14:36:41 UTC 2004

I have taken the latest cs8900 driver you put into the current snapshot using CVS,
updating the necessary files in my working tree. I have created a network sub dir
in my BSP dir and made sure that this is included. I then configure a working tree
using : opt/rtems/rtems-4.6.0/configure --target=sh-rtems \
    --disable-posix --disable-itron --enable-networking --disable-cxx \
    --enable-rtemsbsp=fu0018 \
    --prefix=/opt/rtems/builds/fu0018_net

I then build using make VARIANT=DEBUG, then make VARIANT=DEBUG install.

This is passes fine, so from another shell i then
export RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH=/opt/rtems/builds/fu0018_net/sh-rtems/fu0018/

Then I build my application but get the build error:

networkconfig.h:80: `BSP_cs8900_attach' undeclared here (not in a function)
networkconfig.h:80: initializer element is not constant
networkconfig.h:80: (near initialization for `netdriver_config.attach')

I have checked the temporary build tree that was created but in sh-rtems/c/fu0018/lib
/libbsp/sh/fu0018/network  there is just the Makefile and not the files cs8900.c
and cs8900.h that I would have expected to be present.

	Has anyone got any ideas what I might have done wrong?

		James Yates