Development without a BSP

kmedri kmedri kmedri at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 26 21:10:52 UTC 2004

I realise emulation of a device running a RTOS is not the best. In the
interest
of an interim solution and going foward to develop my application, I was
interested
in taking the object code (68k assembly) and running it on a simulator.

At this point I'm interested getting a running demonstration prototype. This
includes running a RTEMS application able to communicate with the analog
electrical hardware I have to be able to make headway with interfacing.

>I'm hoping the answer is to use "sim68000" or something as the BSP and that
>then
>it may be run on simulator xyz.

Recently I found: http://www.rtems.com/simtest-howto.html which points to
http://www.redlinelabs.com/bsvc/ this has me finally going in the right
dirction!

Eventual solution:
My original intention was to make use of the 32-bit 16 MHz Motorola MC68328
Dragonball processor, display/interface and the communication ports provided
by a
Palm III. The "Palm OS Emulator" (http://www.palmos.com/dev/tools/emulator/)
emulates 68K devices and the actual OS is loaded via a "ROM image file".
Information about these image files and manipulating them can be found here:
http
://romeo.sourceforge.net/ . It may be possible to create a RTEMS image file,
test
it first on the emulator and then flash it onto the device using:
http://packages.
debian.org/unstable/otherosfs/osflash . NB: There's something about a small
part of
the ROM that can't be flashed...

Perhaps it would be easier to use a hardware kit such as: https://shop.
arcturusnetworks.com/ucacademix.shtml or
http://users.pandora.be/DragonMP3/pdf/
dragonengineII.pdf Could someone recommend a kit that is compatible with a
RTEMS
BSP?

Thanks