Migrating from VxWorks to RTEMS

Mon Mar 8 20:43:31 UTC 2004

Pezeshgi, Shahriar wrote:

> Hi there
>
> I have a quick question, is there any RTEMS function (RTEMS function or
> implemented by someone else) similar to following VxWorks functions:
>
> taskInfoGet
> taskStatusString
> taskIdListGet

I have no knowledge of VxWorks so had to look these up on the net.
 From what I can tell from the descriptions on the net, they don't
exist but all the information is there to construct them.

Does taskInfoGet return the actual Thread Control Block used by
the OS or some other structure?  It is easy to convert an ID
into a TCB pointer in RTEMS.

taskStatusString appears to be translating the specified
task state into a string.  There is code to do something
similar in cpukit/libmisc/monitor/mon-prmisc.c but it
takes a task state not a task.

taskIdListGet would have to be written but it isn't much
more than a linear scan of the _Thread_Ready chains until
you reach the limit.

> Thanks
> Shahriar

Given a few more details, I would be happy to give you an
cost and time estimate for writing RTEMS functional equivalents.

--joel