Trouble building 4.6.0 for i386

Ralf Corsepius ralf_corsepius at rtems.org
Tue Mar 30 12:32:42 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 04:31, kmedri kmedri wrote:
> >A file is missing from the tarball:
> >http://www.rtems.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?database=RTEMS&cmd=view&pr=574
>
> I'm trying to build the i386 target and ran into the same problem but cannot
> follow the link Ralf provided.
What doesn't work with accessing the link?

You always should be able to go to http://www.rtems.com and then follow
"bug database" link (left side, near to the bottom).

When being asked for login/password (login: guest, password: guest).

>  Could someone please post the fix to the list
> or describe it.
You can pick up the file from CVS (Cf. http://www.rtems.com/cvs.html)

E.g. point your browser to:
http://www.rtems.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/rtems/c/src/lib/libcpu/i386/Makefile.am
and download the version from rtems-4-6-branch version of this file.

Then
cp Makefile.am <sourcedir>/c/src/lib/libcpu/i386/Makefile.am
cd <sourcedir>/c/src/lib/libcpu/i386
<sourcedir>/bootstrap

cd <builddir>
<sourcedir>/configure ... <what ever options>

Joel, any chances to see you or anybody else at OAR to finally wake up
and cut rtems-4.6.1?

Ralf