newlib 1.12

Ralf Corsepius ralf_corsepius at rtems.org
Wed May 5 10:25:43 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 12:55, Sebastian Fischmeister wrote:
> Hello.
>
>   Did anyone manage to port the newlib-rtems patch to version 1.12?
Porting? Newlib is supposed to support RTEMS "out of the box", without
any "porting".

Most of the patches to newlib-1.11.0 the current RTEMS toolchains are
using are either very target specific additions, backports from 1.12.0
or adaptations to newer RTEMS.

Merging them into newlib-1.12.0 is trivial.

>  I need
> some features of version 1.12
Which? I am not aware about any substantial changes to newlib.

>  and thus I could re-use this patch.
As I said above, adapting the RTEMS newlib-1.11.0 patches to
newlib-1.12.0 and building the toolchains with newlib-1.12.0 should be
trivial, but ...
* In general, new releases of newlib tend to break RTEMS subtly.
* Until now, I am not aware of anybody actually having tried
newlib-1.12.0

Ralf