Position independent m68k code

geneSmith gene.smith at sea.siemens.com
Thu May 13 17:24:32 UTC 2004

This does not apply directly to rtems but I am using the m68k-rtems-*
toolchain but for running under an non-rtems system.

The non-rtems embedded system allows you to create a C program which it
can run. It requires that the C program be written in PC relative (i.e.,
position independent) m68k code. m68k-rtems-gcc supports this, as best I
can tell, using the -fpic option.

When I use the -fpic option and link with m68k-rtems-ld I get section
.got and .got.plt.  Does anyone on the rtems list know anything about
how I should use or possibly initialize these? (Most of what I can find
on Global Offset Table and Procedure Linkage Table applies to runtime
dynamic linking which the non-rtems system definitely does not do.)

Thanks,
-gene