INTERNAL_ERROR_RTEMS_API

Till Straumann strauman at slac.stanford.edu
Tue May 25 22:19:18 UTC 2004

Steve Holle wrote:
> We are using V4.6pre5 for some time.  We added some new code to our app,
> no mods to RTEMS, and everything compiles fine but the new app won't
> run.  We wind up in :
>
> _Internal_error_Occured with the Internal_errors_what_happened contents
> as follows :
>     the_source = INTERNAL_ERROR_RTEMS_API
>     is_internal = 0
>     the_error = 0x48454150 (1212498256d)
>
> I have searched the source and can't find the error number.  I am also
> unable to find the error number in the docs.  Any idea?

the_error looks like ASCII to me. Let's see. Indeed, if you decipher
0x48454150 -> 'HEAP'. However, from quick grepsurfing it is not obvious
to me how this value can end up there. Sure you have no
   rtems_fatal_error_occurred(rtems_build_name('H','E','A','P'))
in your application or BSP?

Maybe your code additions let you run out of memory...

HTH
-- Till