RDBG Daemon

Till Straumann strauman at slac.stanford.edu
Thu Nov 4 18:54:59 UTC 2004

I think I once tried to port the gdb patches to a more
recent version but came to the conclusion
that the patches are too poorly documented and too messy.
I never could get to a more or less stable state.

Last week, I was working on a simple implementation of the
'remote' protocol (has the additional advantage of allowing
serial-port debugging with no need for networking). This
thing is minimally invasive on the GDB (6.2.1)
side and seems to work.

I only have an (experimental) version for PPC, however.

-- Till