Console problem update

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de
Thu Nov 4 21:08:48 UTC 2004

Etienne,

can you provide a snapshot of the termios data structures when
your console input gets stuck? What values do the buffer
pointers have for the raw input buffer?

What baud rate are you using currently?

What happens, if you write a simple application with two tasks,
one sending a 1K buffer to the console, one receiving it, and
putting the console into loopback mode (with a nice little wire
between pin 2 and 3 of your serial connector)? Does it also hand
in that case?

You really seem to have a nasty problem there...

I have been using termios code for machine interfaces back with
RTEMS version 4.0.0, and I never had similar problems...

wkr,
Thomas.

> I don'T know why I tought that even after releasing the sempahore, I was
> still stuck in the idle thread. To the contrary! Forcing the release of
> the semaphore make the task continue to execute code and I eventually
> get out of the code with an error (that's ok since the semaphore was
> forced to be released so no valid data is there waiting)...
>
> The question now is why the code is not notified of new characters. Is
> it possible that the termios code, being designed for "human"
> interraction (at least I presume), can't cope with sustained binary data
> transfer and so I lost data and eventually the semaphore is struck
> waiting for characters that will never come? Is it possible?
>
> Etienne Fortin
> Sensio

D-82178 Puchheim          Germany
email:    Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de