creating a core dump

sebastian ssmoller sebastian.ssmoller at gmx.net
Mon Nov 8 06:33:41 UTC 2004

hi,

(...)

> >>If you have another VME board use your secondary board
> >>to grab the target board's memory over the VME backplane
> >>and ship it to the host e.g., via network. This is faster
> >>and in many cases you can even obtain a coredump of a
> >>crashed board which is very desirable.

(...)

unfortunatelly i doesnt know anything about this tech., how it should
work and what i need to do to get this working.

could u pls point me to some docs about this stuff ?

(...)

> distributed on the 'rtems evaluation CD'. It's in the
> tool directory [linux host]
>
> /opt/rtems4.6.0CD/host/i386_linux24/bin/m68k-rtems-gencore
>
> the source is under
>
> /opt/rtems4.6.0CD/src/ssrlApps/cexp/gencore.c

cause i have no rtems eval. CD i wonder if i could download this tool
(src & bin) somewhere ? - i searched the rtems homepage but havnt found
anything yet ...

(...)

THX
regards,
seb

--
"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add,
but when there is nothing left to take away."