Setting up ramdisk with dosfs

Daniel Gustafsson daniel.gustafsson at space.se
Tue Nov 9 15:13:51 UTC 2004

Hi.

I want to use the ramdisk with dosfs but has some problems.

I am running on a sun solaris with target ERC32. Using TSIM as simulator.
Want to modify the fileio sample to use ramdisk instead of ata.

My questions are:

What should I initialize? (I added RAMDISK_TABLE_ENTRY to the Device table
and this seems to work fine.)
I am trying to run rtems_ide_part_table_initialize(dev) but it returns '25'
and 'not a char device' (the ramdisk is accessed). Must I use ide_part?
I really could use a step by step instruction how to init and mount a
ramdisk and use msdos with it.

Regards
Daniel Gustavsson