Thanks for your help

etienne.fortin at sensio.tv etienne.fortin at sensio.tv
Sat Nov 6 04:06:49 UTC 2004

To all who helped me with my console/transfer problem, I thank you. It was
really appreciated. In fact, I found a solution because of your help.

And now the pre-conclusion:

1) The absence of flow control (hardware) was causing buffer overrun.
Implmentating RTS line was the solution.

2) The termios config I was using was way off! I presumed it was OK (I
made a lot of presumption on that problem, I must be more careful) but it
was not. I have only myself to blame for that. RTFM!!!

3) I was using f* functions. After two warning from Thomas, I finally
decided to switch to low-level read/write. More stable.

4) For a reason I don'T know, even if I know I have 1024 bytes to read, I
can't useread(fd, buf, 1024); It hang in the semaphore. Probably something
to do with EOF and need to reset? I have to read one byte at a time, in a
loop. Strange. But works.

5) It still hang sometimes. Still don'T know why. But at least 80% of the
time, the transfer is done.

So, again, thanks everyone for your help! I will surely need your help
again in the futur :)

Etienne Fortin
Sensio