gen68360 & termios

sebastian ssmoller sebastian.ssmoller at gmx.net
Tue Nov 9 23:06:59 UTC 2004

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 23:07:14 +0100
"Thomas Doerfler" <Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de> wrote:

> Sebastian,
>
> I have an extended version of the gen68360 console driver, it is
> attached to this mail. It supports up to 2 SMCs and 4 SCCs as
> serial devices. Is this enough? :-)

cool :) - much thx - i wil test this as soon as i get access to the
boards again

(...)

> > what about this - i thought just getting and (re)setting the attr's
> > would have no effect ...
>
> Hm. It is broken. hm.
> So, what is broken? Can you be more specific?

hhmm thats a bit difficult ...
so the output looks like the baud rate has changed but of course i havnt
changed anything. anyway, even if i change the baud rate to the correct
value (which is 38400) i get this bogus output.

i should mention that i had to hack things of console/console.c to get
it running:

- first i had to set the default console_baud_rate to 38400 (hardcoded)
  cause i was unable to set it using tcsetattr on system startup
- i had to disable interrupts although i know that smc1 irqs work with
  this board
- and i had to change/comment out the following part of the code:

  m360.pbdir =& 0x0003;
  m360.pbdbr =& 0xff3f;

  /*
  m360.brgc1 = M360_BRG_RST;
  m360.brgc1 = smc1BRGC(console_baud_rate);
  */

  i must admit that i never looked up what this code really does - i
  just took i from another project where it work fine *shame*

THX again
regards,
seb