Patches for TCP buffer exhaustion problem

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Nov 10 00:42:25 UTC 2004

Phil Torre wrote:

> 		// Set always_keepalive to 1 (TRUE).  This is one of those new-fangled
> 		// dynamic sysctl variables, and RTEMS' sysctlbyname() doesn't seem to be
> 		// finished yet.  Sigh.

It is not so much a case of not finished, but rather a case of not
knowing a further interface (sysctlbyname) is needed to access OID_AUTO
variables. :-)

I have found the code in the FreeBSD file:

   libc/gen/sysctlbyname.c

Maybe this file should be added to the cpukit/libnetwork/libc directory.

I have documented how to do this in the wiki:

  http://www.rtems.org/phpwiki/index.php/TCP-IP%20Setup

--
  Chris Johns