rtems gen68360 sio

sebastian ssmoller sebastian.ssmoller at gmx.net
Tue Nov 16 07:46:59 UTC 2004

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 07:51:23 +0100
"Thomas Doerfler" <Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de> wrote:

> Sebastian,

hi,

> I am sorry for that. Do you have a BDM debugger attached to your
> MC68360? With this you could inspect the state of the software,
> even when the console hangs.

unfort. my board does not support BDM (from my host) ... but i could
dump some info before the board hangs - what info do u think of ?

> What happens BEFORE you open your DUMP_DEVICE? And which device

before this i do my system init (init devices, starting tasks, etc)

> do you have as "DUMP_DEVICE"? Do you have serial output on

sorry i forgot to replace "dump_device" with the actual device after
copy & paste ... finally i tried all devices from /dev/tty00 to
/dev/tty05 and i found out that "/dev/console" is the only device that
does not freeze the system :(

> "console", before the system freezes?

yes

> You might try to set the operating mode of the devices to
> "TERMIOS_POLLED" instead of "TERMIOS_IRQ_DRIVEN", just to find
> out if things are better then.

this was my idea too but unfort. this didnt change anything for me. even
worse: running /dev/console with TERMIOS_POLLED causes my board to
freeze right after system startup :(

> Do you really have your "console" attached to on SMC1?

yes. for the tests i attached a serial console to both: smc1 & smc2

thx
regards,
seb

--
"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add,
but when there is nothing left to take away."