building gdb for sparc with gcc.3.3.3

Jerry Needell jerry.needell at unh.edu
Wed Nov 17 12:38:06 UTC 2004

I thought this had been addressed earlier, but I have not been able to
find anything in the archives or GNATS so I'll ask it here.

i am trying to build the sparc-rtems toolset on a Fedora Core 2 system
using gcc. 3.3.3 but gdb 5.2 fails to build because it contains
multi-string litererals which are not permitted by gcc 3.3.3. Is there
a patch to fix this or am I just missing some other piece of
information. Is anyone else using FC2 as a development platform?

thanks  - Jerry