Makefile question

Etienne Fortin etienne.fortin at sensio.tv
Mon Nov 22 20:12:42 UTC 2004

Hi everyone,
I'm currently trying to structure my application directories and
Makefile and I have some interrogations. I read the Makefile README and
I don't understand completely how to use the leaf and directory
Makefiles.

What I want to do is have a main Makefile at the root of my sources that
link the final executable of the application. This Makefile recurse all
subdirectory, each compiling some .o from some sources. The main
Makefile at the root just link all the .o made by the subdirs into the
executable.

My problem is that I don't understand how to make that all work with the
directory and leaf Makefiles concept of RTEMS applications. It seems
that a directory Makefile is just used to force creation of
sub-standalone-executables that are in subdirs. But I really just want
to compile sub-modules from a main application executable.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Etienne Fortin
Sensio