no-*.rel ??

Smith, Gene gene.smith at siemens.com
Tue Nov 23 23:54:32 UTC 2004

Can anyone explain what the partial link files no-<manager>.rel mean.
Are they linked in when you do or do not want the manager? My final link
  contains a bunch of no-*.rel which seems to be excluding various
managers, e.g., no-rtmon.rel.  However, 3 managers I have not requested
(ext, region and signal) are not excluded.  Are they included by default?

Specifically for netdemo example:

MANAGERS = io event sem

in the final link command line I see:

no-dpmem.rel no-msg.rel no-part.rel no-mp.rel no-time.rel no-rtmon.rel

But I do not see on the final link command line these unrequested mgrs:

no-ext.rel no-region.rel no-signal.rel

Thanks,
-gene