Howto generate a new RTEMS version ?

Wed Nov 24 12:15:24 UTC 2004

Rolf Schroedter wrote:
> I'm not familiar with autoconf, so please forgive my stupid question.
>
> After doing some patches (integrating the RTEMS 4.6.2 changes
> to Jiri's RTEMS 4.6.1 distribution)
> I would like to reflect these changes in a new RTEMS version string,
> e.g. change the _RTEMS_version from "4.6.1" to "4.6.2leon".
>
> Where is the correct place to do this, and what shall be done
> to update all files ?
> I tried to change aclocal/version.m4 without success.

Look in release_support at the top level and you will find
the magic used to insert the version string into a a few
files.  The exact set of files depends on the branch.

More importantly.. are all these patches in the 4.6 branch
and development trunk?  There will be a 4.6.3 and it would
be nice to address the erc32/leon users.