Another GCC question (probably easy to answer)

Etienne Fortin etienne.fortin at sensio.tv
Wed Nov 24 14:09:45 UTC 2004

While looking at the machine code created for my library, I discovered
that m68k-rtems-gcc produce the "bsrl" instruction for branching to a
subroutine. This instruction is supported only on V4 Coldfire processors
(the Longword mode [L] is only supported on the V4, the other modes are
supported on the V2 and V3). This is strange since I use -m5200 to force
using V2 Coldfire instructions only.

Is this a bug in GCC? Or did I forgot, for the x time, a flag or option
while invoking GCC? I also noticed that compiling RTEMS always produce
"jsr" instruction instead of "bsrl". So there must be an option
somewhere to control that...

Etienne Fortin
Sensio