Console question

Etienne Fortin etienne.fortin at sensio.tv
Wed Nov 3 19:13:39 UTC 2004

Hi everyone,
Question: What can cause the fact that characters pushed into the
console by rtems_termios_enqueue_raw_characters() are not "seen" by
fgetc(stdin)?

Situation: I can get some characters from stdin by using both fgetc()
fread(). After some characters are received (about 1k), the received
characters are pushed into the console (I single stepped the interrupt
handler and rtems_termios_enqueue_raw_characters() is called), fgetc()
repeatedly returns EOF.

Anyone with experience with a similar problem? Can it has to do with the
fact that stdin is line buffered?

Thanks,

Etienne Fortin
Sensio