creating a core dump

sebastian ssmoller sebastian.ssmoller at gmx.net
Mon Nov 8 21:57:30 UTC 2004

(...)

> You definitely need a second VME board. Assuming that you have another
>
> MVME167, you
> should set your target board up (using the firmware) so it makes its
> memory accessible
> on the VME bus. Probably it is already configured, all you need to do
> is
> find out the correct
> VME address.
>
> On the second board (again using the firmware) you want to make sure
> that you can
> access the VME bus. You should then be able to see the target/first
> board's memory
> from the secondary board's firmware/monitor through the VME bus. It's
> as
> simple as that.
> Once you can access the target's memory from the secondary board, you
> should be able
> to use firmware commands (or even an operating system, such as RTEMS
> :-)
> running
> a simple networking app.) to suck out the target memory contents and
> ship them to
> a host.

thx for that howto ... all i need now is the missing vme hardware
(cable) ;-)

(...)

> CD image available at http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~strauman/rtems/
> under 'software'

thx - found it :)
still have some problems with compiling it from src but the bin seems to
work ok - will a have a closer look on this later

at the moment i am still trying to get a memory image via sio :)
(there seems to be no tty drv on gen36360)

and once i managed that i ll need ur gdb patch to analyse the core
dump right?:)

> > i wonder if i could download this tool
> >(src & bin) somewhere ?
> >
> Funny, you're another person these days who doesn't seem to look at
> attachments.
> -- I believe I mailed the tool to you already (src only).

hug - i must have been blind - of course u have - i only saw the gdb
patch - sorry for that *shame*

> HTH

jup - much thx again
seb

--
"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add,
but when there is nothing left to take away."