Setting up ramdisk with dosfs

Eugeny S. Mints emints at ru.mvista.com
Tue Nov 9 16:23:42 UTC 2004

Greetings,

Thomas Doerfler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> AFAIK the ramdisk would work fine with the MSDOS
> filesystem, but it is not formatted :-(

Exactly. Ramdisk works fine with DOSFS since I used ramdisk during DOSFS
development:) And again - exactly - a ramdisk needs to be formatted by
any means out of RTEMS since Thomas msdos_format for RTEMS is the work
in progress (yet:).

> I am currently developing a msdos_format function
> which should solve this problem.
>

>>Hi.
>>
>>I want to use the ramdisk with dosfs but has some problems.
>>
>>I am running on a sun solaris with target ERC32. Using TSIM as simulator.
>>Want to modify the fileio sample to use ramdisk instead of ata.
>>
>>My questions are:
>>
>>What should I initialize? (I added RAMDISK_TABLE_ENTRY to the Device table
>>and this seems to work fine.)

In addition to the RAMDISK_TABLE_ENTRY you need to define at least one
ramdisk itself - rtems_ramdisk_configuration[] array of type
rtems_ramdisk_config (please, see
cpukit/libblock/include/rtems/ramdisk.h - there are good comments
there). The rtems_ramdisk_configuration[] array is expected to be
exported by a bsp.

It seems one time (about june of 2002) I sent Angelo Fraietta <angelo_f
at bigpond dot com> the ramdisk application example.

2Angelo: If it possible, please re-post the example on the list.

Regards,
		Eugeny