-B option when compiling

Smith, Gene gene.smith at siemens.com
Wed Nov 24 00:24:54 UTC 2004

Smith, Gene wrote, On 11/23/2004 7:12 PM:

> When I build netdemo with make -d and look at where init.c and test.c
> are compiled, it appears the -B option to powerpc-rtems-gcc is pointing
>    to the rtems library rather than the gcc library. -B is supposed to
> specify to gcc the location of executables and libraries of the compiler
> itself. However, netdemo works ok for me so maybe I am confused or this
> does not matter...?

Never mind. It must tell it where to get the
"-specs bsp_specs -qrtems"
since bsp_specs file is in dir pointed to by -B<path>.

Can anyone explain what bsp_specs file is for and/or how it is used.
Does this always need to be on the gcc command line when a application
file is compiled or assembled?

Tks,
-gene