TR : DOSFS unlink problem

Eugeny S. Mints emints at ru.mvista.com
Fri Nov 26 13:10:02 UTC 2004

Sergei Organov wrote:
> "Thomas Doerfler" <Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de> writes:
>
>>Etienne,
>>
>>I am really glad I was not the only one misinterpreting things
>>:-)
>

> You are definitely not alone. Some time ago I had a need to attach my
> own very simple file system to the RTEMS, and it was a real headache. My
> filesystem doesn't have any support for directories, still the glue code
> needs to handle all that ./.././.././ stuff itself, and it was a lot of
> try-and-fix steps to get it work.
>
> I'm sorry to say it, but I've got impression that all this eval_path
> stuff is over-complicated and error-prone. Every file system implementing
> ./.. itself with its own bugs and misunderstandings sounds like a way to
> disaster. The only reason I kept silence is my ignorance of how it could
> be done more elegantly. Maybe to borrow some ideas from Linux VFS
> interfaces or from FreeBSD sources?
>
> [...]
>

>>5.) Now read /dira/file_a.txt/../file_b.txt,
>>	you will get the text "I am in file_b.txt"
>

> Cool! The only question is -- is it a bug or a feature? ;)
it IS definilty a BUG!

I remember there was a sort of discussion about unlink() at dosfs
development time but I do not remember what was the core of the issue -
need to search mail arch.

I aslo do believe I could not leave removing a file/dir from the root
dir functionality untested, thus I suggest it workED. Need time ti
investigate:(

        Eugeny