Help, First RTEMS executed function???

Mon Nov 29 12:17:58 UTC 2004

Alex wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> When we compile an posix rtems aplication and we put the application in
> a floppy with grub, which is the first  (kernel) function of the rtems
> application to be executed when we start the application?

Since you are using the pc386 BSP, Grub loads a bootloader which
uncompresses the executable and then jumps to it.  It does some
initialization before calling rtems_initialize_executive_early.
That is technically the first RTEMS proper entry point.

After initializing itself, the C library, device devices,
and global constructors, RTEMS will execute the first user
thread/task.