About AT91RM9200's EMAC driver

Yanjun Luo yjluo at panjet.net
Tue Nov 30 10:02:08 UTC 2004

Hi, Lars

> The network driver in csb337 bsp assumes that you have a MAC address
> in the EMAC. Have you verified that U-BOOT puts a MAC address in the
> EMAC before loading rtems?

Yes, I set MAC address at the init.c before initialize the network.
and from running network-demos-4.6.2, I can see status like below,
and I think the config is ok.
I'm wonder why the interrupt is always zero, like my board never
receive a packet at all.

Destination     Gateway/Mask/Hw    Flags     Refs     Use Expire Interface
default         192.168.0.1        UGS         0        0      0 eth0
192.168.0.0     255.255.255.0      U           0        0      1 eth0
192.168.0.1                        UHL         1        0      1 eth0
192.168.0.255   FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF  UHL         0       18      0 eth0
************ MBUF STATISTICS ************
mbufs:2048    clusters: 256    free: 256
drops:   0       waits:   0  drains:   0
      free:2047          data:1           header:0           socket:0
       pcb:0           rtable:0           htable:0           atable:0
    soname:0           soopts:0           ftable:0           rights:0
    ifaddr:0          control:0          oobdata:0

************ INTERFACE STATISTICS ************
***** eth0 *****
Ethernet Address: 00:01:02:03:04:08
Address:192.168.0.144   Broadcast Address:192.168.0.255   Net
mask:255.255.255.0
Flags: Up Broadcast Running
Send queue limit:50   length:0    Dropped:0
 Total Interrupts:0           Rx Interrupts:0
Giant:0               Non-octet:0
          Bad CRC:0               Collision:0                  Missed:0
    Tx Interrupts:0                  Deferred:0               Lost
Carrier:0
Single Collisions:0       Multiple Collisions:0       Excessive
Collisions:0
 Total Collisions:0            Late Collision:0
Underrun:0
  Raw output wait:0

************ IP Statistics ************
    total ip packets generated here        3030
  datagrams successfully fragmented          12
           output fragments created          72

************ ICMP Statistics ************

************ UDP Statistics ************
               total output packets        3030

************ TCP Statistics ************

> Btw, which version of u-boot are you using?
> http://mmd.ath.cx/csb337-boot/ ?

I'm using U-BOOT 1.1.1 (at91rm9200dk_config) ported by myself,
running from ATMEL's boot. and actually I just changed the code
 about flash chip.

Regards,
Yanjun Luo.

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 10:14:22 +0100, Lars Munch wrote