Extracting Dosfs

Victor V. Vengerov Victor.Vengerov at oktetlabs.ru
Thu Oct 14 13:36:48 UTC 2004

Daniel,

Have in mind that libblock depends on some RTEMS synchnorisation
mechanisms, and run the thread writing blocks to the disk. Also, ms-dos
file system and libblock has been designed with mulithreading in mind,
which may be overhead for you. More free open-source MS-DOS
implementations are exists (I remember freedos name, although I'm not
sure) - may be it is better appropriate for you.

I don't know what are you going to implement, but it will be
definitievly simpler to link your application with RTEMS, considering it
as a library providing some services, particularly DOS file system.
Nothing prevent you to implement single-threaded application in RTEMS -
just run it as a initialisation task.

Victor

--
Victor Vengerov