RTEMS-mvme5500 BSP available

Feng, Shuchen feng at bnl.gov
Thu Oct 14 19:52:55 UTC 2004

Hi all,

Finally, we got official approval from DOE to release the
RTEMS-mvme5500 BSP under EPICS open source.  Before the BSP
is officially merged to the RTEMS release,  the source code
can be downloaded from :

http://www.nsls.bnl.gov/organization/UserScience/Detectors/Software

Joel Sherrill wrote :

> Feng, Shuchen wrote:

>> May I know what is the requirement of the official submission ?

> Source code is the first and most obvious one.

> The second is permission.  This involves you transmitting the
> code to the RTEMS Project via email, ftp to incoming, etc..
> The source code must have appropriate licensing and
> redistribution requirements.  Given that you are submitting
> a BSP, the license should be standard RTEMS -- GPL with
> exception.

As per discussion off-line regarding the license,  Joel had
accepted the EPICS license consdering the fact that it is
compatible with the RTEMS one. Many thanks to Joel's
consideration.

> The third is practical.  I don't want to merge any code
> before you think it is ready.

I think it is ready.  Presently, there is no known bug
based on our application.  I think I even fixed the URL
wrapped  problem from the original message below.
Looking forwards to feedback.

Regards,
Kate

http://www.nsls.bnl.gov/organization/UserScience/Detectors/Software/Defa