"Issue" in termiosinitialize.c

Eric Valette eric.valette at free.fr
Sat Oct 16 12:57:01 UTC 2004

Joel Sherrill <joel at OARcorp.com> wrote:

> I believe the C language standard calls for the
> invoking environment to clear the BSS.

That's rather clear : of course, non initialized variable are located
into the BSS area but for many compiler's including (if I remember
correctly) some gcc incarnation, a base type variable explicitely
initialized to zero goes also ends up located into the BSS area... In
that case, if you do not zero the BSS, you're dead...

--
    __
   /  `                   	Eric Valette

Tel: +33 (0)2 99 85 26 76	Fax: +33 (0)2 99 85 26 76
E-mail: eric.valette at free.fr