Is there an existing mcf5249 BSP to rtems?

Wed Oct 20 11:20:37 UTC 2004

Jonas Moberg wrote:
> We have the option to use either uClinux or rtems in a new project.
> Has anybody worked on a Coldfire mcf5249 BSP?

I get lost in the Coldfire models.  How different is these from
one of the others.  Chris Johns is our usual COldfire answer guy.

> If we make one is there any interest?

Yes.

> We would use the SMSC 91111 network controller (based on Ians driver)
> and add support for two-way audio using a philips stereo codec (5249 has =
> a built in Audio engine).

Audio I don't know about.  Would be a good Wiki entry if someone
knows something I don't -- which would be just about anything.

> Also a re-open on Rosimildos port of MicroWindows would be
> required (using an Epson LCD controller).

I cc'ed Steve Strobel because I believe they are using MicroWindows
on a ColdFire system.  So it should just be a matter of sharing
instructions and updating the info on the Wiki.

ALso Pavel Pisa posted in the past couple of days about Microwindows
so between the two there really should be writeup.  Pavel mentioned
having drivers on his site.

> Our application is an IP connected door intercom system.

Cool.  When you get far enough with RTEMS, please add it to the
Wiki. :)