Development Plan Proposal for Unifying Interrupt and PCI APIs

Eric Valette eric.valette at free.fr
Mon Oct 25 15:00:19 UTC 2004

Steve Holle wrote:
> At 08:36 AM 10/25/2004, Eric Valette wrote:

> Isn't interrupt prioritization very hardware specific?  Add a priority
> parameter and let the bsp handle it.  Should the differences between an
> 8259 and Coldfire interrupt priority scheme be incorporated into RTEMS?

priorities should not be defined individually but as a whole for the BSP
: how can you choose a single IRQ priority when you do not know the
other irq priorities? So an API with individual priorities at connect is
just plain wrong I think. Side comment : the notion of priority is less
rich than the notion of irq masking set...

--
    __
   /  `                   	Eric Valette

Tel: +33 (0)2 99 85 26 76	Fax: +33 (0)2 99 85 26 76
E-mail: eric.valette at free.fr