Help with Bochs Needed

Richardson, Anthony ar63 at evansville.edu
Mon Oct 25 17:01:33 UTC 2004

Joel Sherrill wrote:

> I've been using the grub floppy image in the 4.5.x/contrib directories
> and booting from it.  I know it's old but it does work.  You can
> replace the .exe's on it with ones from a newer RTEMS.
>
> --joel

I can run the exe's on the floppy, but I can't run any of the ones
I create myself.  It doesn't appear to be a grub problem, I can copy
the exe from the floppy to my hd image (which contains the latest grub,
0.94) and they run okay.  So it appears to be a problem with my RTEMS
build.  Here's the configure command I used:

/opt/rtems-4.6/tools/rtems-4.6.2/configure --target=i386-rtems \
  --disable-posix --disable-networking --disable-cxx \
  --enable-rtemsbsp=pc386

Is there anything wrong there?  Should I try under Linux to see if
it is a Linux vs cygwin problem?

I noticed my hello.exe is larger than the hello.exe on grub floppy
in the contrib directory (102832 bytes vs 66736 bytes), but I assume
that's because I'm using the latest RTEMS release.

Thanks,
Tony