Is there an existing mcf5249 BSP to rtems?

Aaron J. Grier aaron at frye.com
Tue Oct 26 20:22:28 UTC 2004

On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 02:14:26PM -0500, Joel Sherrill <joel at OARcorp.com> wrote:
> Aaron J. Grier wrote:
> >On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 07:27:14AM +0200, Jonas Moberg wrote:
> >
> >>Also a re-open on Rosimildos port of MicroWindows would be required
> >>(using an Epson LCD controller).
> >

> >the good news is that I've got a branch of microwindows/nano-X here for
> >RTEMS 4.5.0 and Epson S1D13505 and S1D13506, the latter accelerated.  we
> >run a (slow by todays standards) 25MHz 68331 system, so quite a few
> >optimizations have been necessary to get the speed up.  (our linedraw is
> >100x faster than the stock 0.89 one, for instance.)
> >
> >the bad news is that our branch has diverged quite a bit from
> >microwindows 0.89, and I haven't been able to successfully merge against
> >0.90 or CVS yet.
> >
> >if you (or anybody else) is interested, give me a holler.
>
> Have you published your modifications to the MicroWindows maintainers?

I've sent them to Greg Haerr and a couple other people, and a few of the
modifications have made their way back to the trunk, but there's a still
quite a lot of outstanding code to merge.  a co-worker literally rewrote
the guts of the line draw routines, and that's where a lot of merge
conflicts occurr.

> What version of MicroWindows is anyone else using?

0.90 is the last official release, and there has been work done on the
CVS branch since then.  actually that may be a path for me to do the
merge; the last time I spent any in-depth effort to merge was against a
CVS version, not 0.90...

  Aaron J. Grier  |   Frye Electronics, Tigard, OR   |  aaron at frye.com
  "Note that many bands' backline amps produce levels exceeding OSHA
   standards for industrial facilities.  Yet this is considered normal
   working conditions for musicians.  That's showbiz." -- Scott Dorsey