Console Driver Serial Port

Angelo Fraietta afraiett at bigpond.net.au
Tue Oct 26 22:09:28 UTC 2004

RCEDAZO wrote:

>Yes, it is an pc386 BSP.
>I'm waiting to hear from you.

Eric Norum wrote a tutorial. This is what he says

\

Another change I make is to automatically fall back to using COM2: as a
serial-line console (9600-8N1) if no video adapter is present. This
allows the pc386 BSP to be used on conventional PCs with video adapters
as well as with embedded PCs (PC-104) which have no video adapters. To
make this change, add the '#define' line shown below

rtems-ss-20030128/c/src/lib/libbsp/i386/pc386/console/console.c

   */
  rtems_termios_initialize ();

#define RTEMS_RUNTIME_CONSOLE_SELECT
#ifdef RTEMS_RUNTIME_CONSOLE_SELECT
  /*

   * If no video card, fall back to serial port console

--
Angelo Fraietta

PO Box 859
Hamilton NSW 2303